CURRENTLY : Issue 2 - April 2016
Posted on Thursday, April 14 2016 05:04:00 PM in CURRENTLY by Rebekah Fess
"Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly."
photo by layers photography
C O M I N G U P //
- You may have seen on social media this past weekend, we just had custom "Fayetteville, Arkansas" market totes made fro Farmer's market season on the square! They're handcrafted out of jute and leather with a waterproof interior lining and provide sustainable employment and fair wages for a growing female artisan cooperative in Bangladesh.
- Our new Farmer's Market store hours will be 9 am- 3pm on Saturdays
- Additionally, we've got a couple of music artists lined up to play at the shop in late April and May, however, dates are still being finalized so keep an eye out for details.
NEW BRANDS COMING THIS MONTH //
Brooklyn-based home objects line Good Thing / Cape Cod Doormats / Creek Baby Organics made in the Ozarks / Tantuvi rugs designed in Brooklyn, hand-dyed and hand-woven in India / Apolis Market Bags
MARCH HIGHLIGHTS //
In early March, the Idle Class Magazine + KUAF Radio hosted a panel discussion on architecture + urbanism at the shop. It was so interesting to hear from U of A Dean of Architecture Peter MacKeith and Community Design Director Steve Louni on the future of Fayetteville architecture and design.
Two nights later, we had a full house again for our Cocktail Hour with recipe developer + private chef Jen Lewis. Jen prepared an amazing cocktail and appetizer spread and answered all of our questions on casual entertaining. We can't wait to class up our next dinner party with her entertaining tips.
We also got to collaborate with Layers Photography, Greenhaus and Caitlin Cooper on a gorgeous photo shoot in the shop this month and style a video shoot for BLKBOX Labs out at Fairlane Station in downtown Springdale.
Meeting and collaborating with so many talented local creatives and businesses over the past few months has been incredibly inspiring and energizing and we’re so excited to see what’s up ahead.
+ In case you missed it, you can read the generous article on us featured in the March issue of Arkansas Life here.
3 T H I N G S //
(a few things we loved in March)
1) In anticipation for farmer's market season (which started Saturday!), we bought a PK Grill this month, which can function as both a charcoal grill and smoker and lasts for generations. PK Grills were designed in the 1950's and are still manufactured in Little Rock. Sold locally by our neighbors at City Lumber.
2) So many people we love are having babies right now and my favorite gift I recently gave came from The Little Movement Shop off North St. (also owned by sisters). The travel changing mat was especially fun to give my out-of-town friends as it was handmade in Fayetteville by the talented Wild Creek Co.
3) Last month I bought my husband tickets to see one of his favorite artists, Martin Sexton, at George's for his birthday and it was amazing. Since then, I've been listening to this song of his most, especially in the evening time.
1) I recently got a few sample sale pieces from Nashville designer Elizabeth Suzann that I’ve been loving. One of my best friends in Nashville acted as my boots on the ground, throwing elbows while I shopped via iPhone photos in my robe. Foolproof system (thanks Emmy).
2) Creek Baby Coco-Olive Facial Creme - 100% organic coconut and olive oil creme blend from this pure skin care line out of Yellville, Arkansas that we’re completely taken with. So much so that we’ve just started carrying it in the shop!
3) I got to spend last weekend in New Orleans visiting friends with my husband and staying at the new Ace Hotel that opened there mid-March. We loved so much of the city, especially this vibrant wine + jazz backyard bar in the Ninth Ward called Bacchanal.
SHOP ALBUMS ON REPEAT //
The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill - Lauryn Hill
The Sound Experiment - Samm Henshaw