"Good things happen to those who hustle."
C O M I N G U P //
- March 1 (Tonight!) - The Idle Class Magazine + KUAF Radio are hosting a conversation on Fayetteville architecture at the shop featuring the University of Arkansas Dean of Architecture, Peter MacKeith. Free event, 6-8pm.
- March 3 - Cocktail Hour at WITH hosted by recipe developer and private chef, Jen Lewis (@cookingfresh). She'll be demonstrating how to make the perfect seasonal cocktail, providing delicious appetizer recipes that you'll get to take home, and sharing tips for casual entertaining. We'll also be offering exclusive event specials on select items in the shop! $20 per person. Only a few spaces left. 6-8pm.
We also have several music artists lined up to play at the shop in April and May, so be sure to keep an eye out.
NEW LINES COMING THIS MONTH //
Lagos del Mundo, a home objects line from Mexico City / Yard, Etc., a personal care + home fragrance line out of Sweden / Monkey Mat outdoor travel blankets from Austin, TX / New Market Goods, a textile line from Bangladesh + more to come.
THE PAST MONTH //
We spent the first few days of February meeting with makers and new design brands at NY NOW home + gift market in New York City. It was an energizing few days filled with inspired new design and long dinners catching up with good friends. The Shindig Paperie team was also in town for market and gave us some veteran NY NOW tips over drinks!
For Valentine’s weekend, we collaborated with Flora and Blackboard Grocery to create a one-stop gift shop at WITH complete with creative floral arrangements, a spread of small batch chocolates, cards designed by us and other gifts. Thanks to y’all, we had a shop full of people all day and sold out of our floral arrangements. Plus, we got to sample so much chocolate. Favorite Valentine’s to date (sorry husbands).
This month, we also lost the matriarch of our big, close family, our great-grandmother. It was and still is heartbreaking to lose her, but (once again) our growing community of Fayetteville friends has been so supportive. Thanks so much for all of your thoughtful words - it’s meant the world to us.
3 T H I N G S //
(a few things we loved in February)
2) While in New York for market a few weeks ago, we caught up with one of our closest friends for drinks and a late dinner at The Spotted Pig(West 11th & Greenwich). The intimate atmosphere and amazing food was the perfect way to end the long, busy day.
3) We've recently discovered Feedly and now use it everyday. Having everything in one place makes staying up on your favorite blogs and news sites so much easier and more enjoyable.
1) Sarah and I brought back some mother-in-law tongue (or snake plant) cuttings from my great-grandmother’s house to repot in our homes and I've been amazed at how low-maintenance and resilient these plants are. If you’re looking for some houseplant pointers, I loved this illustrated houseplant guide from Mother Mag.
2) I’ve been impressed with the makeup I've tried from Stowaway Cosmetics this month. They offer a refreshingly simple selection, made with natural ingredients, in sizes you can easily travel with and finish before they expire.
3) I shared this on our instagram last weekend, but in case you missed it -- our very talented friends, Brian Hill + Adam Harbottle, started this gorgeous, thoughtful video series entitled Home. The first episode features one of my all-time favorite people, Jeremy Hayes, at his Ozark cabin and it will brighten your day.